One of our post office focus projects was to write a letter to Vermont authors and illustrators to ask if they would consider donating books to the new Bent-Northrop Memorial Library. The kids collaborated to come up with the words for the letter. (I helped them with the word "considering," but the rest is theirs.) Then, everyone wrote a few of the words on a real piece of notebook paper. I scanned the letter many times and wrote a cover letter to the recipients explaining how the kids worked together on the letter.
We got some responses this week. How exciting! The real notes from Julia Alvarez and Amy Huntington are posted on the preschool wall, with the letter that the kids and I wrote.
This one is from Julia Alvarez
This is from Katherine and John Paterson.
And this is from illustrator, Amy Huntington. She sent her note on a postcard that she also illustrated.




Perhaps we should have the preschoolers sit on the grant committee! Their responses were quick and successful!
ReplyDeletePS - Jan Reynolds sent a book that was rec'd today too! But she wants a response from the kids!